Wednesday 2 January 2008

George's Last Day as a Nought-Year-Old

It's George's birthday tomorrow - and again I can't help thinking about what was happening this time last year (but I won't bore/scare you with the details).

He has been in a really cheery mood today, which made a change from the grumpiness of the last week or so. For the past few months all bad moods have been put down to teething, which may just be an old wives' tale - he won't let me look in his mouth today to see if there have been any new breakthroughs which could explain his cheeriness. But I do suspect something along those lines because he has also eaten so much more over the past couple of days - including a whole bowlful of pasta and pesto for lunch today! And last night he only woke up once - fingers crossed that this trend continues.

It was especially lovely today to leave him at nursery without too much screaming, and no tears at all when I picked him up - just a big smile and a speedy crawl over to me. And when we got home (and he had been indulged with breast milk) he was being really affectionate, doing his cute "touching foreheads" thing which I think is his version of kissing.

No comments: