Wednesday 17 June 2009

Theme Park Extravaganza - Day One

I managed to talk Daddy out of a week in Orlando, on the grounds that a) we can't afford it, b) it will be too hot and c) George is too young to remember it. Instead we found a cheap deal for two nights at the Alton Towers Hotel - not quite the same I know, but we had a good time.

On the way we stopped off at Cadbury World (or Factory Num Num as George calls it). He didn't stand still long enough to look at the exhibits - for him it was more of a race from one chocolate-wielding member of staff to another.

At the hotel, we discovered that the lifts play "Theme Park Music", and George was excited to see the Pirate. We ate at the buffet in Splash Landings, complete with Cocktails, and George had a very late night because he couldn't decide between two bunk beds and a cot. "I sleep high bed. I sleep low bed. I sleep cot. I sleep high bed. I sleep low bed. I sleep cot..." etc etc.



No comments: