Monday 1 September 2008

Big Boy's Bed

Today George and I "wombled" a child's bed. Someone had left it outside a house a few doors down from us, and George stopped to look at it because it had a dog and cat shape on the headboard. The next door neighbour saw us looking and said he thought it would be fine for us to take it.

So George and I carried it home piece by piece and I put a note through the door saying "Thank You". Then in the evening, the person who had thrown it out came round with the screws to put it together, and said we could have the mattress too!

Although I can't imagine him sleeping in a bed any time soon - he ends up in such weird positions in his cot that I am sure he would be falling out all the time. So long as he still fits inside a baby sleeping bag he can't climb out of the cot and hurt himself, so it could be a while yet.

No comments: