Thursday 20 December 2007

Climb Every Mountain (well, every stair)


George's latest top source of amusement is scaling the stairs, and he is getting pretty good at it. He can now get all the way to the top without mishap (although of course I try to always be just behind him in case he gets distracted and leans back). Every time I turn my back on him when we are downstairs, he speeds off and starts climbing - and when I catch up with him he laughs triumphantly.

I have spent some time today working with him on the mini-flight of two stairs on our landing, trying to teach him how to come down them backwards - which he can do so long as I am there forcing him to do it. But he prefers to either sit at the top and shout for me, or try to walk down them while holding on to the banister - or (just once) keep crawling at top speed and execute a forward roll downwards when the floor disappears from beneath him.

Annoyingly the stair gates were delivered again today while I was out at work - they were supposed to leave them with a neighbour but that didn't happen.

No comments: